Your Offering During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Added: 7 June 2021
While St John's does not exist to make money, the hard fact of modern life is that we need a sound financial income for the church to exist. While many of our embers have been faithful in maintaining their giving to the church during the past 15 months, others have been unable to do so, or are unsure how they can continue to support their church.
While the Kirk Session is not unaware of the financial pressures our members have been under, St John's continues to have on-going expenses which have to be met. There is also essential maintenance work on the roof, walls,paintwork and electrical system which must be carried out soon at an estimated cost of around £25,000.
Members who give by FWO envelope and are unable to attend church in person can contact the church, via the contact page, to arrange for envelopes to be uplifted. It is also possible to donate on-line:
1. Bank Transfer
If you use online or phone banking, or can manage into your bank, you can donate direct to our account from yours. The details you require are:
- Account Name: St John's Church Account
- Account Number: 00250039
- Sort Code: 80-12-79
When making your donation, give your name and, if possible a reference, to identify you.
2. On the Church of Scotland website
Visit the website at www.churchofscotland.org.uk and follow these steps:
- Scroll down until you see Step 1.
- Click on the Donate to a congregation tab and in the entry box which appears type Carluke St John's (Exactly as shown).
- At Step 2, if you are a UK taxpayer, you can opt to Gift Aid your donation at no extra cost to yourself. Complete the five entry boxes, otherwise choose the No option.
- At Step 3, click the red Donate button to be passed to the PayPal website.
- Enter the amount of your donation. Include pence, even if there are none. Check that the amount show is what you want to give.
- If you have a PayPal account, or want to open one, click the blue Donate button. Before doing this, you can make this a regular, monthly, payment by ticking the box below the donation amount.
If you or not have a PayPal account and do not want to open one, click the white Donate with a Card button to be taken to the PayPal Guest page to enter your card details.