Donating to St John's On-line
Added: 21 June 2020
During this time of lockdown, we have financial commitments such as rates, Council tax, dues to both Presbytery and the national Church of Scotland. At the same time, our income is diminished because members using FWO envelopes or giving through the Open Plate are unable to do so.
Some members have contacted us to ask how they might donate remotely. There are two ways.
1. Bank Transfer
If you use online or phone banking, or can manage into your bank, you can donate direct to our account from yours. The details you require are:
- Account Name: St John's Church Account
- Account Number: 00250039
- Sort Code: 80-12-79
When making your donation, give your name and, if possible a reference, to identify you.
2. On the Church of Scotland website
Visit the website at www.churchofscotland.org.uk and follow these steps:
- Scroll down until you see Step 1.
- Click on the Donate to a congregation tab and in the entry box which appears type Carluke St John's (Exactly as shown).
- At Step 2, if you are a UK taxpayer, you can opt to Gift Aid your donation at no extra cost to yourself. Complete the five entry boxes, otherwise choose the No option.
- At Step 3, click the red Donate button to be passed to the PayPal website.
- Enter the amount of your donation. Include pence, even if there are none. Check that the amount show is what you want to give.
- If you have a PayPal account, or want to open one, click the blue Donate button. Before doing this, you can make this a regular, monthly, payment by ticking the box below the donation amount.
If you or not have a PayPal account and do not want to open one, click the white Donate with a Card button to be taken to the PayPal Guest page to enter your card details.